Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the canterings of a wild man

I have been busy doing hair all day long. Rook and Cannon stay in the basement in the room next to me the entire time. I was listening to their conversation and it went something like this:
Rook: Hi son I am back from work.
Cannon: Hi Dad, guess what, my brother has been very bad.
Rook: Okay tell mom to spank him.
Cannon: She did.
Rook: No I said tell MOM to spank him so he cries.
Cannon: She did and she did it with a lite saber so his legs got all cut off.
Rook: Dang it! Mom don't chop off his legs or you will get me so mad.
Cannon: Dad, are you Darth Vader?
Rook: Yes and I am your father.

It makes me laugh how fast they transition from reality to make believe.

Then other day we were picking up the kids from School and we were waiting in the van. Rook told me that he needed to go potty. I told him that he would have to hold it for a few minutes and he wanted to just pee outside. I told him that he couldn't because there were too many people around. He started to growl and said "Dang it all you people make me so mad I am going to pee in my pants!" So we peed in a can...thank goodness for diet Pepsi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillarious!!! I miss you all so much.

the heiner family said...

I love it Teri! I am really starting to understand your stories since I get some one on one time with Cannon...I love your kids!

Dave said...

That cracks me up. You should keep a journal of all the funny stuff that happens and then someday write a movie script with all of those scenes and and call it "life lessons from Star Wars," or "dang it! the story of five brothers."

that's gonna be a funny movie, and depending on what movie studio picks it up, maybe a good retirement