Here on the tip of tornado alley we get some really great storms. These are pics of the one that hit in Kearney Ne which is only about 3 hours away from here. We have been very blessed to never have one close enough to do any damage to US personally, butt they happen all the time right around the corner. We usually get hail and lots of rain and floods. Great thunderstorms and lightning. I love the Midwest. Living here you get used to it. I remember the first Saturday I was here. Gary was still in Idaho and the siren went off, I ran and grabbed Jett and Wynn and went to the basement and stayed down there, trying to find out what was going on from the news and they never said anything about it. Then I finally got brave enough to venture out and saw a neighbor and nonchalantly asked about the siren. She told me that it was a test. Every Saturday at ten they do it. Oh, OK. Then I let the boys out of the basement and let them play outside again. Now When the tornado sirens go off instead of going to our basement we usually go out, along with all our neighbors and look at the Sky's looking for a funnel.

2 comments:
Every time there is a storm, i find my camera and keep my eye out for the perfect storm picture.
Teri, if I put those pictures on my blog I think my mom would make me move back home. Those are great pics!
Post a Comment