Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Waterskiing resurrection

Teri has been "patiently encouraging" me to post these pictures of our waterskiing outing this past weekend. A friend of ours recently bought a house south of Omaha in a private community with lakefront houses. They invited us to go waterskiing for the evening on Friday. Here is the "barometer of fun" - Wynn's smile. (And the matted hair.)

Here is another "barometer of fun" - self portraits. As always, there must be a self portrait. It is a good one isn't it?

Jett acted as the flagger. He wasn't kept very busy until I tried to ski, which is in the next picture.

I can waterski on two skis really well. And I can drop one ski. But I have never been able to get up on one ski and slalom. But I tried and succeeded. But this isn't the time I succeeded. Here, I was in the process of going down into a watery grave.

But the next time, I came up out of the water and finally got up. It was like a "waterskiing resurrection."

And here I am crossing the wake and cutting some sweet roostertails. Well, at least crossing the wake.

Here is Teri and Rook being happy as always.

And Cannon with his wind-swept hair and his beach-bum-blond hair.

Towards the end of the evening, everybody jumped in the boat and went for a ride - even Crew. I think he had a blast because he didn't cry once.

2 comments:

Chris Keller said...

I love the captions - funnier than snot. The water grave picture reminds me of me.

EmilynDev said...

The last couple of weeks as Ive been seeing the pictures of Rook and Cannon it makes me SO sad that we dont live by each other anymore! Mitchell and the boys would have be such good friends and have a blast together!!!
Emily